Our October 2016 issue explains how the Nuthatch is more than just a ‘bird table bandit’ and reveals tactics used by the Capercaillie to survive harsh Scottish winters.
It also has a special section on bird migration, answering any questions you may have about this natural phenomenon, such as which birds migrate and why, where do they go and how to carry out your own migration watch.
• Are Leica’s new binoculars the best yet? Read our expert review.
• Top tips and tutorials on how to photograph birds
• Your birding questions answered by our experts
• A comprehensive round-up of the birds seen on your patch
• Birdwatching in Tallinn
• Book reviews, including Simon King’s Nature Watch