Model Rail No.242 December 2017£4.10
In this latest issue:
- Makes your best ever water scene, buy the best water fluid, model a realistic river and make a waterfall
- Loco spotlight we go behind the scenes with the Class 92
- Trade secrets, 10 realistic ways to use Setrack that you never thought possible!
- 14-page how to guide
- 4 new models tested: Kernow GWR ‘1361’, Real Track Class 156, Heljan ‘o’ gauge Class 05 and Farish Class 40
Plus much more!
Model Rail No.241 November 2017£4.10
In this special anniversary edition:
- The 20 most inspirational layouts…EVER
- Upgrade your trains this weekend
- 4 Sure-fire projects
- Add an extra dimension with sound
- Save money with our budget coach upgrade
- Create lifelike finish for your wagons
- Minerva ‘8750’ pannier reviewed
- Kernow LSWR ‘Gatestock’ reviewed
- Build a unique Class 31 in 20 steps weekend project
Plus much more and your chance to WIN £2800 of RTR models to give away!
Steam Railway – issue 472£4.25
In the latest issue of Steam Railway, is the King’s 75mph dream finished? GWS may have to abandon main line ambitions for King Edward II this winter due to gauging problems.
Also inside: New Lyn makes its Devon debut, tributes to hero David Shepherd and ‘A4’ imposter driver exposed.
PLUS: Old Oak’s emotional farewell, Clan Line shines on anniversary tour and much more!
How To Build Your Model Railway – 2017£5.99
Welcome to the fifth in our ‘How to build A Model Railway’ series.
We started it with one aim: to use Model Rail’s information step-by-step style to show you exactly how to build a model railway.
In this edition, we focus on Chris Leigh’s fabulous Cornish branch line ‘Polwyddelan’. It’s not big; it’s an ‘L’ shape that’s 6ft 6in by 4ft, but it feels much bigger, thanks to the sense of depth that Chris has created.
We’ve chosen to focus on a classic branch line that’s crying out to be modelled. But the techniques that our experts describe will transfer to whatever area you fancy modelling, and whatever gauge or scale you work in.
Learning new skills is always useful, but at Model Rail we believe that’s part of the story. It’s also important to know what’s available and how to use it, so throughout this manual you’ll find guides to buying and using various pieces of vital equipment.
Layout building can be a daunting prospect, with the threat of getting it wrong hanging over every turn. But worry no more – this guide should answer all your questions.
Richard Foster – Editor
Model Rail June 2017 Issue 235£4.10
In this issue:
FREE! 8 Virgin Trains Projects- Extra pages to download
WIN! Narrow Gauge Baldwin
1947-2017- Post-war ‘Big Four’ paint and decal buying guide
1987-2017- Know and improve your Trainload Freight fleet
1997-2017- Operations and projects- celebrate 20 years of Virgin Trains
35 ways to improve your fleet: Painting, Weathering, Detailing, Scratchbuilding
1967-2017: End of Southern steam- 4 EXCLUSIVE plans you can build
5 new models reviewed: Bachmann ‘Coal Tank’, Dapol ‘B Set’ coaches, Hornby ‘Merchant Navy’, Farish ‘Castle’ & Heljan ’37’
Workbench: Create the perfect backscene, Model Anglo-Chinese ’66’ & Build your first narrow gauge layout
- Angling magazines (24)
- Children's magazines (39)
- Classic Car Magazines (23)
- Craft Magazines (109)
- Cycling magazines (6)
- Entertainment (25)
- Gardening Magazines (17)
- Hobbies (64)
- Lifestyle (39)
- Match Of The Day (2)
- Motorcycling (39)
- Motoring (48)
- Science & Technology (19)
- Sport (22)
- Sports Programmes (3)
- Travel (6)
- Walking & Outdoors (17)
- Wedding magazines (10)