Steam Railway has been the voice of the railway preservation movement for 35 years. It’s 100% steam – there’s no talk of diesels, electrics or High Speed 2 in this magazine, which is read and valued by managers and decision makers as well as enthusiasts. Whether it’s happening on the main line or on preserved railways, this news, written by some of the most respected journalists in the industry, is backed up by stunning photography from equally well-respected lensmen.
Steam Railway Issue 489
Inside this issue of Steam Railway:
- Streak double: Sir Nigel Gresley joins Bittern in Crewe Fleet
- Living with No 43106: The Ivatt ‘Mogul’ that divides opinion
- Thinking inside the box: Thomas Bright tries his hand at one of the railway’s most vital jobs
- Mountain Rescue: Rescuing a frozen German 2-10-2T from a snowbound mountain
- New-build news: P2 Motion club