Steam Railway has been the voice of the railway preservation movement for 35 years. It’s 100% steam – there’s no talk of diesels, electrics or High Speed 2 in this magazine, which is read and valued by managers and decision makers as well as enthusiasts. Whether it’s happening on the main line or on preserved railways, this news, written by some of the most respected journalists in the industry, is backed up by stunning photography from equally well-respected lensmen.
Steam Railway Issue 494
In this issue of Steam Railway:
- GWR’s new leading ‘lady’ supreme ‘Saint’
- We track down the 8 surviving ‘big boys’
- Bluebell ‘E1’ bid to build SECR 4-4-0
- Sixities ‘schools’ BR Livery for Cheltenham
- £1M double boiler order for ‘P2’ and ‘A1’