For those who love walking in hills and mountains, Trail is an informative and inspirational read, especially when it comes to buying the best gear and equipment for tough terrains. In the past 12 months, Trail readers have spent more than £18 million on off-road running gear and equipment, with 92% buying something walking-related as a result of seeing it in the magazine. In fact, when it comes to thinking about buying kit, 73% believe that they are most influenced by walking magazines. That’s a step in the right direction.
Trail October 2018
Inside this issue of Trail:
- A borderwalk on Breidden Hill – On the Anglo-Welsh border lies a hill with an intriguing story
- Scafell Pike the Wordsworth way… – Can we retrace a route walked two hundred years ago?
- Ben Adler – Makes the wild, exposed ridge of Long Leachas your next big adventure
- Five reasons to head for… – Ben Nevis-shadowed Fort William
- Wild nights: Loch Maree – We find a little pocket of wild magic
- Saddleworth Moor – Exploring the Peak’s dark corner
- Do it this month – Go bike-packing in Scotland
- Lakeland ghyll scramble – Dive in to your new favourite hobby