Landscape – Christmas 2017£4.50
In this latest issue:
- Creating pictures in scarlet
- Vintage boxes of full stories
- Golden flowers of Christmas scent
- Get creative this Christmas with Garland of robins, a ruler Christmas tree, matchbox advent calendar, a warming blanket to crochet
- Panto fun and tradtions
- Ringing in the carols
- UK events
- Festive cranberry loaf, suppers for Christmas eve, orange stuffed turkey feast
Plus much more!!
Landscape November/December 17£4.50
Glowing fires, warming food, bright berries, crunching leaves underfoot – what is not to love about this time of year? In the latest issue of LandScape magazine, discover how to keep the flames aglow from an expert on preparing kindling and spend relaxing evenings in the warmth while knitting a pretty cushion cover.
Enjoy some comfort food with recipes for the perfect golden Yorkshire puddings, delicious sticky toffee treats and light fluffy crumpets soaked in melted butter.
PLUS a new flush of garden colour arrives with the mellow red and yellow of the crab apple; our feature on dog fur explains how this natural insulation protects man’s faithful friend and much more!
Country Walking October 2017£4.30
In this issue:
The Old Ways! What will you find on Britain’s ancient paths?
- Drovers’ Roads of Snowdonia
- Smugglers on the Yorkshire coast
- Pilgrims’ way to Canterbury
- Scotland’s living mountain
- And more…
INSIDE! 27 great new walks to enjoy! Easy to follow, cut-out & carry routes with real os maps
My first Mountain! – First-time hillwalkers share what they learned
Walk behind a waterfall – Discover a magical place behind a sparkling curtain
A forest reborn – 30 years after the great storm
Walk on location – Where the films you love were shot
Soft shell & gillet test – Warmth without the swelter of waterproofs
PLUS Robert Macfarlane – ‘Humans have always been walkers’
Landscape – Sept/Oct 2017£4.50
I am not good at remembering poetry, despite having spent years learning many verses by rote at school. Sadly, only snippets come to mind when I want to impress with my knowledge.
One line is never far away at this time of year: the first line of Keats’ ‘To Autumn’. Those words – Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness -never fail to evoke memories of childhood walks through crisp fallen leaves, of harvest festivals with their baskets of fruit and vegetables, and of morning chills requiring a coat to be worn again.
It is amazing how some words have the ability to transport you to different times and places. Often these can be the most trivial of things. No one could say that having to wear a gabardine to school instead of a blazer is an important memory, for example. But they can be much more important, such as a family or even a national event.
We take great care at LandScape when we look for quotations to enhance our features. We hope you enjoy them and find one or two that bring back memories for you too.
Hilary Scott – Editor
Garden Answers August 2017£3.99
In this issue:
FREE SEEDS! Worth £2.95
Your easy guide to Garden Colour Special! Combine plants for flowers every day of the year!
Helenium: Grow nature’s little sunbeams!
Behind the scenes at Great Dixter
- Welsh Cottage idyll where flowers rule
- Butterfly haven is a plant-packed paradise
- Suburban plot filled with perennial colour
- Inject style & colour: Design ideas for instant wow!
- Connect with nature: 10 wildlife projects for summer
- Create garden drama: Plants for purple foliage effects
PLUS! Your chance to WIN a set of Stihl Cordless Tools worth £297!
- Angling magazines (25)
- Children's magazines (40)
- Classic Car Magazines (26)
- Craft Magazines (121)
- Cycling magazines (7)
- Entertainment (26)
- Gardening Magazines (18)
- Hobbies (66)
- Lifestyle (41)
- Match Of The Day (2)
- Motorcycling (42)
- Motoring (52)
- Science & Technology (21)
- Sport (21)
- Sports Programmes (3)
- Travel (7)
- Walking & Outdoors (21)
- Wedding magazines (10)