Mags Direct has once again been chosen as an official stockist of the 2019 Tour de France race guide – so get in quick if you want a souvenir copy!
Tour de France 2019 Race Info
- 7 flat stages
- 5 hilly stages
- 7 mountain stages and 5 mountain-top finishes (La Planche des Belles Filles, Tourmalet, Foix Prat d’Albis, Tignes, Val Thorens)
- 1 individual time-trial stage
- 1 team time-trial stage
- 2 rest days
There will be 3 stage cities of sites visited for the first time out of a total of 34.
- Binche (start of stage 3)
- Saint-Dié-des-Vosges (start of stage 5)
- Pont du Gard (start of stage 17)
In Foix (Stage 15), the finish will be set at the summit of Prat d’Albis (1 205 m)
Like in 2018, there are two time-trials on the menu:
- by teams for stage 2, Bruxelles Palais Royal > Brussel Atomium on a distance of 27kms
- individual for stage 13 in Pau on a distance of 27kms. It’ll be on Friday the 19th of July, a date that marks the 100th anniversary of the Yellow Jersey.
Tour Bonus Points
It was an innovation on the last Tour de France: bonus-point sprints will be reintroduced in 2019. Bonus seconds will be awarded at the top of the 8 following hills or mountains at key places of the course:
- Stage 3: côte de Mutigny
- Stage 6: col des Chevrères
- Stage 8: côte de la Jaillière
- Stage 9: côte de Saint-Just
- Stage 12: Hourquette d’Ancizan
- Stage 15: Mur de Péguère
- Stage 18: col du Galibier
- Stage 19: col de l’Iseran
It will have no influence on the points classification.